Today did not start out so perfectly, but it ended perfectly. We spent the early afternoon in the Emergency room! Why you ask? because I pulled Lidya's arm out of the socket! We were in the grocery store getting sandwiches for our Picnic, and Lidya was trying to get away from me. I was holding her hand and she started to do her fall out on the floor move. I was trying to pull her up to her feet, when she looked at me as if something was hurting her and then her arm went limp. I thought it couldn't be... I wasn't pulling her very hard at all, or so I thought. Well her arm just kept hanging there at her side and when I touched it she cried out obviously in pain. So we headed for the emergency room. While we were in Triage the doctor came over and twisted her arm up and around and she cried really hard. But then less than 5 minutes later her arm was working again and she was running around the waiting room obviously healed. So we left the emergency room and went to Lake Temescal. Now I'm so afraid to grab her by the arm even if she is about to fall.
UPDATE: I found a link to this
article about nursemaid's elbow which is what Lidya actually had. Leave it to Kaiser to not tell me what really happened. It turns out it's quite common and can be caused very easily. I feel so much less quilty now.



No comments:
Post a Comment