
Poor Lidya. Learning to run really fast and climb every stable and unstable surface in her world has not been going very smoothly. Last month she fell over onto her bookshelf and got her first real goose egg. Big knot on her forehead complete with ugly little scar. Then she knocked a glass off my bedside table and before I could fly across the room to stop her she picked up a piece of the glass and cut her finger. Kind of deep. I never knew or don't remember how hard it is to put pressure on a tiny finger. So she bled a lot. The advice nurse that I called assured me not to worry, that it would stop, easy for her to say. Then this weekend she was the sad victim of rough dog play and was trampled by 70+ pound Ava. I heard the dogs playing and thought I should really put them outside, and I planned to put them out, after I fold this last towel, and then I turned around to see Ava's back paw on her soft little cheek. I was not happy and put Ava and Daisy outside for most of the day even though it was my fault not theirs. I mean they are dogs and dogs play rough sometimes. So now Lidya has a little bruise and scratch on her cheek. She is really starting to look like a rough and tumble kid and not so much like a baby.



On a happier note Lidya learned to slide all by herself this weekend. She finally figured out the process. Climb up the stairs, slide down, climb up the stairs, slide down. She practiced this new skill for THIRTY FIVE minutes.....over and over again.
Don't worry Granma she really can do it.
More park pictures

No comments:
Post a Comment