Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween 2010

Lidya's school had their annual Halloween Carnaval last night and I was co-chair of the games committee. I spent 11 hours at school yesterday, 10:00 am to 9:15 pm. I will never, ever be involved with games again :-). I kept wondering why no one wanted to help with games? Why it was so hard to get volunteers, why the only people volunteering were the pre-K and Kindergarten parents.... cause none of us knew any better. Now we know. Chasing balls and darts and pumping up balloons for hours and hours is hard. That's all I'll say. Parents beware. Do not volunteer for the committee that none of the more experienced parents want to be on.

Lidya had a great time though. Running wild through the school, stuffing herself with candy, holding snakes and other creepy crawlers, and dancing to the DJ while I manned games. We were so tired after the Carnaval that we slept until 8:00 this morning.

Here she is enjoying the DJ.


2 comments:

Jebena said...

Even though it was a taxing experience for you, on behalf of the lil'kiddies, "Thank you Ms. Lidya's Mommy!" Seriously, you don't know how much your time, talent, resources, efforts, and energy played into children, precious children having a good, fun, and safe time! Be proud and if no one else is patting you on your back--pat yourself and know that you've paid it forward!!!!!

Bennett said...

love the show girl get-up!!!!!! so cute