Monday, October 25, 2010

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

Remember that song.....I think it was Roberta Flack, well it's been five lightening fast years since the day that I first saw that breathtakingly beautiful face.

Lidya you are everything and more than I imagined you would be when I saw your pictures that first day. I remember staring at those pictures obsessively, literally for hours, and emailing them to everyone I could. I should have taken family leave that day cause I was no good at work or anywhere else until you were in my arms six looooong weeks later.

I'm so thankful that I got to be your Mother and I hope your parents looking down on you can see what a wonderful, smart girl you've become.


I love how she is looking at the Nanny so intently. A little busybody from the start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious. How to believe that she was ever that small. You are a wonderful mom Monica and an inspiration to me!!!

Denise.

Gracie's Mom said...

Monica these are such precious pictures. I tell u we are so blessed!

Bennett said...

awwww u made me cry!!!!!!!! so precious.........the memories will surely choke you up every time!

so sweet!
I am happy God chose you for her and her for you! God Bless your family