Sunday, April 11, 2010
First Soccer Practice
Here's a short video of Lidya's first soccer practice. I'm not sure if this is the right soccer club for Lidya. The coaches are all 17-19 year old soccer players who spend a lot of time just standing around talking to each other. Not a lot of teaching going on. One of the first things they told the kids was "OK blue team dribble the ball that way" huh?? My daughter has not played soccer before so she doesn't even know what dribbling is! A bunch of the other kids just took off running in the direction that the coaches pointed to, so Lidya is not the only one who didn't know what dribbling is. I mean for heaven sake most of her teammates are 4! They need more direction. Not at all impressed with the coaching/teaching skills. I didn't complain to the real coach (the adult who did no coaching) yet. I'll give it 2 more sessions and then let them have it. I don't want to be "that Mom", at least not at the first session :-). The other thing is that Lidya is a little too polite. She doesn't know that it's OK, and actually the point of the whole thing, to get in there and take the ball away from the other players. We'll see how long this lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment