Monday, June 22, 2009

Jah Rastafari!

My friend Laura, Lidya and I went to a three day long Reggae festival this weekend and listened to a lot of reggae, met and talked to a lot of very interesting? people, camped in a tent and just chilled. Lidya was surrounded by lots of Love, Peace and Adoration so she was in heaven.





Lidya had to have the requisite Summer festival face painting and fairy dress. The face painting was so pretty we got it done twice on Saturday and Sunday. She wanted and got a purple fairy dress but later in the day I saw a fairy dress the colors of the Ethiopian flag. I wish I could have talked her into that one but she is a pink/purple kind of gal.



Two Fairies meet and greet.


She got a chance to dance on stage with Asheba who sings caribbean music for kids and she and another little girl stole the show and danced the entire 1 hour set. Asheba's videographer told me to be sure to check Asheba's website next week cause she would be featured pretty heavily. I'll be sure to post the link of the video once it shows up on the website.







Tent camping was fun but it got really cold at night, which was not that much fun.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun!!! I love reggae music. It has that peaceful partying effect.

Okay - me a Chicagoan, and you a California babe - please define "cold" :)

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Hi Nancy,

It was in the low 50s at night. We thin blooded Californians found it unbearable :-) and slept in our puff coats.

Angela said...

Lidya's ponytails are soo long. She is really getting cuter and cuter as she grows. She's going to be a true beauty queen. Yes,the fairy customs and ballet will come in handy for her debute.

I hope we have a little girl as feminine and sweet as yours.

Bennett said...

she is to cute, love the face pain!!! Look at here w/that leg crossed. LOL

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Hi Angela,

Lidya is growing and changing so fast that sometimes I feel like I have to take a deep breath and hold on. You're right she is very girly (I am not) and very particular about fashion and hair, girls have long flowing hair and boys have short hair. I just got my hair cut really short and I thought she was going to have a heart attack!

I'm sure your girl will be fabulous too even if she's not exactly what you expected :-).

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Hi Bennett,

Lidya's favorite way to sit is with her legs crossed. Sometimes when we're driving I look in the rear view mirror and she's sitting in her carseat with her legs crossed. It is soooo funny.

I don't know if you noticed but in that picture she is playing with a box of fake fingernails that my friend gave her. Gotta have your fake fingernails on a long camping trip :-).

Queen Diva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Diva said...

WHAT!

Did someone say Reggae? How come nobody told me about this festival? (LOL)

You know Reggae is my favorite music. Considering that I'm Jamaican, it's my "first love."

Sounds like you guys had a really nice time.

Andrea