Cute. It's funny how they still revert to the Ethiopian (sounding) names. Tracey's daughter prefers to be called her birth name now...it's interesting but it is in their blood. It is awesome. Just like how I love Latin food and music! LOL
I think you ladies are right all of her dolls have names that probably are Ethiopian. No telling what she heard and retained in the womb and for the first 3.5 months of her life! And my Ethiopian girlfriends are always saying that she is understanding them and that her pronounciation is perfect. She is quite the little parrot and after only 4 days in cuba was sounding very Cuban.
We're starting Amharic classes again soon so we'll just see?
Did you ask her where she got the name or how she made it up? My next doll will be from Africa modeled after my birth daughter's adopted daughter from Ethiopia. Her name will be Mariama Asabi but I HAD to look up African names!! Mary Beth www.preciousbabydolls.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5XnQ7z3ztU
5 comments:
Alemayehu maybe?
Cute. It's funny how they still revert to the Ethiopian (sounding) names. Tracey's daughter prefers to be called her birth name now...it's interesting but it is in their blood. It is awesome. Just like how I love Latin food and music! LOL
I think you ladies are right all of her dolls have names that probably are Ethiopian. No telling what she heard and retained in the womb and for the first 3.5 months of her life! And my Ethiopian girlfriends are always saying that she is understanding them and that her pronounciation is perfect. She is quite the little parrot and after only 4 days in cuba was sounding very Cuban.
We're starting Amharic classes again soon so we'll just see?
Did you ask her where she got the name or how she made it up? My next doll will be from Africa modeled after my birth daughter's adopted daughter from Ethiopia. Her name will be Mariama Asabi but I HAD to look up African names!!
Mary Beth
www.preciousbabydolls.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5XnQ7z3ztU
Can I get some new pictures here? I'm ready for some Lidya! I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment