Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Three Years Ago Today!

I was on a plane with my Mother flying to get my girl. I was so nervous that 2 times (that's right 2 times) during the week before I boarded the plane, I seriously thought about driving myself to the emergency room because I thought I was having a heart attack. I vividly remember sitting in my car in the Bart station after work talking myself down. My heart was beating in a way I had never felt before and I thought I was going to die. I kept thinking wouldn't it be ironic if I had a heart attack and died days before I got my daughter? But I reasoned with myself and went on to the gym and my Salsa class, which literally saved my sanity during those last few days before getting on that plane.

Grandma on her way to Lidya!

The Airline that got me there.

We made it but it will be another long night before I get to meet you. (And it was one of the longest nights of my life)

Grandma didn't have any trouble sleeping :-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, I see where you get your beauty. Our 3 year anniversary is right behind you. It was an amazing time and one I feel so blessed to never forget.

Happy anniversary :)

Gracie's Mom said...

Congrats on your anniversary Monica. Aint life grand!!!