Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo

On Sunday we headed on over to the Bill Pickett Invitational Rodeo. Black Cowboys from The Bay Area, Texas and even as far as Oklahoma come together to compete and show the public what they can do. I was very surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. Seeing the cowgirls riding those horses like pros was really inspirational. Made me want to go riding. My sister had been to the rodeo a few times in the past and kept telling me how much fun it was, but I just didn't believe it. She was right! it was really really fun. Lidya was glued to all of the events. She got a little sad when they started by roping the "baby cows", but all the other events with the Cowboys and Cowgirls riding and racing she loved. When she was smaller she was fearless around horses but this time she was afraid. A few of the cowboys offered her a ride but she wouldn't ride. She did ride the Ponies though. I gues we'll have to find some riding lessons to get rid of that fear :-).
Here are all the little kids chasing a poor calf for money.





1 comment:

Bennett said...

awwww! I love Lidya's latern puffs :)....they are really cute!!!