Friday, March 19, 2010

A's Birthday Party


Lidya and I have been to a birthday party every weekend for the last 5 weeks. Every weekend. Most of her classmates are turning 5 now and so it has been party, party, party. Tonight we went to Lidya's friend A's party. A is Lidya's very special friend. When she arrives at school in the morning A is overjoyed, I mean his whole face lights up. He rushes up to Lidya and looks as if he will pick her up and run off with her. He puts his hands on her shoulders looks her in the eye and asks her what they are going to play with together first......Yeah every morning. A's Mom told me that when they told A they were giving him a party the first thing he said was I WANT LIDYA TO COME. So we did. I would not be surprised if in 15 years or so A turns up at my door with flowers and a ring and tries to carry her away.

8 comments:

Nevididi said...

That is so precious and Lydia is so beautiful.

Jebena said...

Just popping in to say, "hey sista-neighbor-girl" and it looks like Miss Lidya had a good time...(does the young man have "potential" lol).

Gracie's Mom said...

Well u can't blame him, just look at that doll face :)

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Hi ladies.

Hey Jebena,
I don't know about this boy. He's a little intense for a five year old. I've never seen anything like it.

Jebena said...

LOL...you said "intense" but his shirt says "defense"---LOL. He's a handsome young man either way.

Robbin Hopkins said...

I am so all about arranged marriages and am certain if my mom had arranged one for me I wouldn't be single and have kissed so many frogs. Let me see who did I have my eye on at 5, yep Robert, he's a doctor I think... see my momma should've hooked me up LOL. ok enough about me... cute pic :)

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Hi Robin,

Too funny. I also beieve in arranged marriages and like you if I had listened to my mother and grandmother I would have done alright. But so far I have had no say in this match. This little boy is bound and determined :-) to be by my daughters side whenever he can. He's a sweet little boy, just really really intense.

Bennett said...

awwww! u know it happens, pre k love can grow on and on for yrs! so sweet and innocent.

Well, what does Lydia think a/b best friend?