Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Wacky Tacky Day


Here's Lidya with her crazy wacky tacky outfit for school this morning. She wanted to wear a swimming suit on top of the whole thing but I thought it would be too hard to go to the bathroom :-).


I love, love, love Lidya's school! This week was Catholic schools week and so the school is doing all sorts of special and fun things. Monday was Career day. Tuesday open house. Wednesday Wacky Tacky Day. Tomorrow is Pajama Day and Friday is Sports day. I love the families, kids and Teachers. It is truly a village of people helping to raise each others kids.
So I have a dilema. Lidya starts Kindergarten next year and in our public school system there is a Spanish immersion program. It's very sought after and pretty hard to get into. We are in the zone for the best of the 3 immersion schools. I really want Lidya to be fluent in as many langauges as possible and I believe that early immersion is the way to achieve that. So I went ahead and put in a request for the immersion program. Now I'm almost hoping she doesn't get in so that she can continue at her current Catholic school. I'll know in March whether she was picked in the lottery and than I'll have to make the really hard decision of taking her out of her current school for immersion or just supplementing her current school with langauge classes? It's hard but I'm glad that I have too really good choices to pick from.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Sometimes it's better when decisions are made for us, but praying that you'll make the best one if it presents itself. Good Luck!

PS
I hate making assumptions, but
I just assumed you spoke Spanish too?