
Here is a picture of my friends daughter Khadidja and Lidya having dinner on Sunday night. Khadidja the beautiful girl/woman in this picture was born in Guinea and lives in France. She comes to visit her Dad once or twice a year to do some serious shopping that only Dads can fund. Eleven years ago when Khadidja was 5 she came for a visit and I was lucky enough to take care of her while her Dad was working. We had so much fun even though she spoke no English and my French was really rusty and bad (I "studied" French for 8 years so I should have been fluent right?). But the langauge barrier did not stop us and we had a ball. She loved all things Barbie (as do I) and we started everyday with the "I'm a Barbie Girl" song, if you don't know it I'm sure you can find it on You Tube. It was great to see her again and she got a chance to meet Lidya. Spending time with her all those years ago, is one of the reasons I so badly wanted a little girl of my own.

No comments:
Post a Comment