Saturday, October 25, 2008

Three Years Ago Today...





I was sitting by the phone waiting to hear who my daughter was going to be. I can't believe how fast these past three years have gone by. But on the other hand it is often hard for me to remember that she was not always around. Sometimes I'll think about a family event, a wedding or a party or a birthday and I think, what was Lidya doing at the event, and then I remember that she wasn't even born yet. So of course she wasn't there. It's hard to remember or imagine life without her. I still can't believe how lucky I am!

The other day Lidya and I were talking about riding elephants and I told her that Raymond and I had ridden an elephant when he was a little boy (at Marine World). She wanted to know why she hadn't ridden the elephant with us? She wanted to know why she wasn't there? She asked me why I had left her at home :-(. I tried to explain that it was before she was born and before she came to live with me. She didn't get it and she was pretty sad about missing the elephant ride. I had to promise her that the next time I rode an elephant she would be there... for sure. So I guess she can't imagine a life without us either.

Happy Referral Day my sweet Lidya! I promise where I go you go from now on.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Ohhhh, I love that story! I want my baby to come home!!!! :-) I love the end of the story.

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Hi Tami!

Thankds for commenting I've been reading your blog for a long time and finally decided to open mine up to the world.

I hope your baby gets home soon too!

Tami said...

I'm glad you finally let us in your world. I still have many months and before it is over My process will be 2 years! Can you believe it but life happens. I have to keep remembering like Robbin reminded us it says in the Bible 365 times to Fear Not. My daughter will come at the perfect time. I'm just moving forward as best I can.